Ich habe keinen Bock.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Ambassador's Reception

I attend the Austro-Amerikan Institut of Education here in Vienna. The AAIE has now been open for 80 years. To celebrate this event, the American ambassador here in Austria held a reception, and we were all invited. We all dressed up in the nicest thing we own and headed to the ambassador’s residence for the evening. I don’t think I realized at the time how big of an event it was to be invited there. We mostly just mingled with people, heard people make speeches, and ate appetizers, but it was fun all the same. My favorite part was that there were turkey and chicken appetizers, and I think I ate every turkey one that I saw. I have gotten so sick of ham here, and turkey is really hard to find. A lot of famous people walked the halls that I stood in, and I did get to meet the ambassador. I used to want to be an ambassador, and when I met her it was almost like I could have been here. It was weird to think that that was really something I could have done. But I am very happy with where I’m at and where I’m going. I love it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home