Ich habe keinen Bock.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

U-BAhn Adventure

On Sunday nights we have religion class and dinner at our professor’s apartment at 5pm. Lexi and I leave our place at 4 so we can catch the bus, get to the U-Bahn (subway) station, and make it to our destination by 5. This Sunday we left our place at 4 like normal and got on the U6 line. We took it quite a few stops until at one stop the conductor came on over the intercom and made some sort of announcement. All I understood was “everyone get off”, but I was really unsure as to what exactly was going on. One lady stayed on, and there were a bunch of people getting on, so I was even more confused. One guy sat down next to me and I asked him what was going on. He pointed down one of the tracks and said “Siebenhirten”. I jumped out of my seat and got off as fast as I could. Siebenhirten is in the direction we had come. We went and found a lady that actually spoke English to explain what was going on. We had to go out of the station, catch a bus that went two more stations, get back onto the train, take it two stops, switch train lines, then take it one stop and get off. Confusing enough? We made it to the bus okay, but I guess we went around the wrong side of the bus and spent another five minutes looking for the station entrance. We had to ask someone else for directions to the entrance, and finally we were back on the U-bahn. Everyone was looking very grave and panicked, so we thought someone had jumped on the tracks (which happens quite often, sadly enough). Turns out some of the tracks were just under construction. But luckily we found our way to our professor’s place. (Well, we accidentally buzzed apt 8 in the wrong building and annoyed some people…) We made it there at 5:20. Somehow we left early and still managed to be late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home