Ich habe keinen Bock.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Exploring Salzburg



On Friday we didn’t have anything planned, so we went exploring. We went to Mozart’s birthplace, saw three different churches, and spent the afternoon in Mirabell gardens. Much of “The Sound of Music” was filmed here, and I had great fun pretending to be Maria, singing on the steps just like she was. It was a little drizzly, so Anne, Lindsay, Stephanie, and I spent three hours just sitting in the gardens talking and enjoying our surroundings. People kept on staring at us for some reason, and we could never quite figure out why. There were plenty of other people doing the same thing, but everybody really seemed to enjoy staring at us and giving us weird looks. But we were having fun, and that’s what counts.
Stephanie and I also went perfume shopping on Friday. We weren’t really sure what kind of souvenirs we should get to remind us of Salzburg, so we thought perfume shopping was a good plan. And it was. We were looking for cool European scents (as everyone we pass by here smells really good), but my favorite one that I found was actually a DKNY scent that I could probably buy at any Nordstrom’s in the states. But it smells amazing. Red Delicious. Yep- like the apple. I pretty much smell amazing right now. It’s great.



Later in the evening we kept seeing a bunch of people dressed in the Dirndles and Lederhosen. Plus there were a lot of people playing the accordion. Apparently it was some sort of saint’s day that everyone was celebrating- there were carnival rides, cotton candy stands, and everything. Strangely enough, mass was cancelled that night, I guess for that reason. We had been planning on going, but when we got to the cathedral a little after six they were kicking everyone out. I thought it was a little strange you would cancel mass on a saint’s day. Oh well. I was happy with the way my day went. It was great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home