Ich habe keinen Bock.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Hellbrun!

Hellbrun definitely makes it to my “top three things to do in Salzburg” list. This was our last stop of day one, and it is on the way into Salzburg. Several centuries ago there was an archbishop who enjoyed building things to amuse himself. He spent his time making water powered toys and amusing devices; Hellbrun was his estate.
First we all gathered to hear our guide tell us about the history of Hellbrun. Then he invited a few of us to sit around the wine-cooling table. I volunteered and took my seat. All of a sudden water came shooting through my seat and out of fountains around the table. I was SOAKED. I loved it. He he… There were also other cool amusing devices powered only by water, most of which I can’t describe without using my hands. It was really fun to play in all of the shooting fountains and it took me the rest of the day and evening to fully dry off.
Also at Hellbrun is the gazebo where they filmed one of the scenes in “The Sound of Music”. So of course we took a picture. ☺ There was also one of the coolest parks I have ever seen- it had a merry-go-round, three different kinds of swings, a hammock, and a zip line, on which we loaded as many people at a time as would fit and zipped down the track. It was such a beautiful day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home